This is my little man’s reaction to 1/2 tsp of milk, per our first pediatrician’s request at our new home. 3 minutes had lapsed from when he ingested the milk. It was hormone-free milk, fresh and served with known allergen-free foods, pictured in the background.
As you can see by his precious little grin, he is not concerned or bothered by most of the symptoms he experiences. We have learned to react quickly to hives and other issues, but this is just to demonstrate the sensitive nature of his reactivity. Since that incident, I know how to communicate to any medical provider or food handler just how important it is to avoid dairy at all costs. As with most allergies, repeated exposure may result in increasingly dramatic reactions.